Wednesday 10 June 2015

"Isle of London" - screenprint map of London as an island

















London has long been considered an island, both culturally and politically, and perhaps that was never so clearly illustrated than in visual representations of the recent general election results, where London is shown to be a (mostly) left-voting city, surrounded by an ocean of Conservative voting sh*tbags.

I've spent the past couple of weeks working on this new screenprint, showing "The Isle of London" in the style of an old nautical map. It took me a few attempts to burn the screens successfully due to the level of detail and fine lines in the design, but I got there in the end and am pretty happy with it. It's a big screenprint by my standards, measuring A2 and is printed in 3 colours on Fabriano 5 300gsm paper.

I'll only be printing a very limited number of these, and will post again when they're in shops and available from my online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment